Today we want to tell you several intertwined stories…
Hi, I’m Mar Servat, I’m 19, and I have a severe form of drug-resistant epilepsy. My unpredictable seizures have resulted in a multitude of injuries, including a broken nose and broken limbs. Growing up, I have required constant supervision. But there is a technology that could change all that…
And us, MJN. More than a year ago, Liron contacted us about his documentary project and proposed us to participate. With this documentary we seek to educate, encourage and empower not only people who live with epilepsy, but anyone who lives with a disease they feel they have not yet regained control of.
And to everyone who has helped to finance this documentary through @indiegogo.
In short, we are delighted that this documentary premieres on April 11 and thus achieve several goals:
- Present the documentary in Barcelona as part of a fundraising event that we will organize with the charity for epilepsy, Mar de Somnis.
- Air the documentary on local television channels and tell Mar’s story to tens of thousands of viewers throughout Spain.
- Submit the documentary to relevant film, technology and epilepsy festivals.
- Organize projections in collaboration with other charities of epilepsy.
- Give the film to Mar de Somnis for future use in the education of children and families who visit it.
- Give the documentary to Mar, who wants to continue educating teenagers about epilepsy in their school.
- Create a powerful educational tool that will train many young people living with epilepsy.
At MJN we can only be grateful for all the experiences we have encountered in our project.